My wife had this craving for pizza tonight and rather than splurge on the local Ray's (which some will claim is the ORIGINAL!) I decided to expand on a fabulous recipe I found one day on my new Iphone. I must give Whole Foods credit for this one but as usual decided to throw my own twist on it!
Grilled Veggie Naan Pizza w/chicken
Double Burner Grill Pan
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Large Eggplant
- Olive Oil
- Herbed crumbled Goat cheese
- Shredded Mozz.
- Tomato or Marinara Sauce (canned works fine)
- Whole Wheat Naan Bread
- Red pepper flakes & Hot sauce (optional)
Slice all veggies lengthwise. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and S&P in a bowl. Grill all veggies on both sides (get good grill marks!). Cool down veggies. Once cool give a rough chop. Set aside
Grill chicken and let cool. Once cool slice lengthwise to make grilled chicken strips.
To assemble pizza's
Take 1 Naan Bread
- Brush with Olive Oil
- Spread a layer of Marinara Sauce over same side as Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Layer of Mozzerella Cheese
- Layer strips of grilled chicken
- Top with Veggies
- Top with crumbled Goat Cheese
- Lay assembled pizza on grill top and cook until mozzerellla starts to melt.