Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunday Guacamole

I was at the store this week and picked up a couple Avocado's. I was never a fan of Avocado's growing up...but then again maybe they just weren't that common in Michigan. Today, Avocado's are one of my favorite fruits. They can go just about in anything...sandwiches, omelette's, salads, hummus, etc. But my most favorite dish for Avocados is none other than guacamole. I'm a huge spice lover so the more heat you throw in the better the guac will be. Here's my version of Sunday Guacamole!


Ingredients
  • 2-3 Haas Avocado's
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 large clove of garlic minced
  • 1 seeded ripe tomato diced
  • 1 half diced red onion
  • 1 diced jalapeno (I prefer half seeds included) or Habanero
  • Sea Salt
  • Fresh black & cayenne pepper
  • Chopped Cilantro (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and combine. Serve with Blue chips or your chip of choice!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment