Now I must say I do have the guilty pleasure of being addicted to watching the Food Network for most hours of the day so in honor of the fallen men I admire I've made my attempt at creating a Top 10 List of the worst FN shows of all time.
- Everyday Italian - Good to look at but emphasis on P.A.N.A. C.O.T.A and the lack of chewing her food turn me off.
- Tyler's Ultimate - Applebees For Real???
- Paula's Home Cooking - Leigh loves her but the Fried Butter recipe freaks me out
- Rescue Chef - I wanna be I wanna be like Bobby!
- Secrets of a Restaurant Chef - Anne Burrell - Yah baby...can I get some salt with that???
- Worst Cooks in America - I'd rather watch reruns of "Average Joe"
- Ace of Cakes - It's cool the first time but how many times can you watch someone bake a cake!
- Semi-Hommade Cooking with Sandra Lee - I guess it was cool in the 1980's!
- Down home with the Neely's - In fact their restaurant in Memphis is awesome but this show is close to being considered soft porn
And my all time not so favorite Food Network Show......
So to all the aspiring cooks out there..here's my version of my 15-30 minute meal.
Grill Chicken Stir Fry with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into 2 inch Strips
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into Strips
- Package of Broccoli torn apart by hand
- 1/2 Sliced Red Onion
- Chopped Green Onion
- Mae Ploy Chili Sauce
- 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
- Pinch of Red Pepper
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
Heat Olive oil & garlic over low heat (prevent browning of garlic) until fragrant. Add Chicken, pinch of salt & pepper and cook until done. Add pepper, broccoli and Red onion and cook until broccoli is tender yet still crispy. Add 1/4 cup of Chili Sauce continue to cook until well combined. Top with Red Pepper flakes & green onion and serve.
This recipe is extremely quick so if you have time left serve with a salad!