Soo...out from the bar into the kitchen for a "fall-ish" evening of comfort cooking. I'd be lying to everyone if I took credit for this perfect recipe so in honor of the woman whose house I'd like to have for myself I give to thee
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup & Curry Condiments - Courtesy of Ina Garten
- 2 medium to large butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 small to medium McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 small yellow onions - quartered
- 3 cups of chicken broth - simmer in a pot to the side
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of yellow curry powder
- Scallions - sliced green & white parts
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Chopped Cashews
- 1/2 banana - diced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large roasting pan drizzle olive oil, salt & pepper over cubed squash, apples & onions. Mix with hands and spread in a single layer over sheet pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender.
Remove from oven and puree in batches in a food processor. Add chicken broth to food processor until you get a good consistency. Once complete, add pureed soup to stock pot and add remainder of chicken stock until you have a thick soup. Add curry powder, 1 teaspoon of salt & 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Pour hot soup into bowl. Top with cashews, banana, coconut flakes and scallions. Serve and Enjoy!
Blue Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 large rotisserie chicken cooled and shredded - both white and dark meat
- 2 stalks of celery - diced
- 2-3 tablespoons of reduced fat Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful of Craisins
- Handful of Chopped Pecans - toasted and rough chop
- Kosher Salt & Fresh ground pepper
- Whole wheat Pita
- Blue Cheese or Blue Cheese Dressing
- L,T,O & Banana Peppers (optional)
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate. Take one pita and slice in half (optional toasted). Add Blue Cheese into pita. Add slice of lettuce, tomato, onion and add chicken salad. Top with banana peppers and serve with soup.