Well Friday night is here and it's also the first night of Channukah. So what better to do on tonight than make an amazing dinner full of Chicken Tikka, Basmati Rice, and my version of Chana Sag!
- 2-3 large breast of chicken cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup of plain whole milk yogurt
- Juice of half lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground corriander
- 3/4 teaspoon of garam masala
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 cloves of garlic (grate on microplane)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger (grate on micrplane)
Combine all ingredients and marinate with Chicken for 2-3 hours covered and refrigerated
Once the chicken is almost marinated preheat your oven to about 400 degrees. Using a cast iron skillet, preheat the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes. Once the pan is hot, layer the chicken into the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes turning once.
While the chicken is cooking time to make the Chana Sag!
- Can of Chickpeas
- 2 large bags of Spinach (washed)
- Half of one large white onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Teaspoon of Corriander
- Teaspoon of Garam Masala
- Teaspoon of Splenda
- Pinch of Salt
Melt butter over medium heat and add diced onion. Cook until translucent. Add spices and stir. Onions should turn brown. Add spinach and cook until wilted down. Reduce flame until liquid disappears. Once liquid is reduced and chick peas and kick up the flame until dish is really hot. Depending on level of sweetness or saltyness you may want to add more spice. Serve immediately.
Layer one large plate with Basmati Rice
Top one end with Chana Sag
Top other end with Chicken Tikka
Serve with lemon wedge, mango chutney & Raita!