Tonight we dine in tribute to Italy. It's not often I cook a meal that requires me never to leave my apartment, but after a dismal outing of my boys today I wasn't really in the mood. And truthfully I might as well toast tonight's dinner to Steve Spagnuolo, a man with an Italian name who single handily cost the giants their season this year (not 100% accurate but his replacement sure did!). Sorry Steve..I'm bitter!
- Half of a box of Whole Wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb of chicken breast (2 halves or prepackaged strips)
- 1 large eggplant sliced in rings
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Italian Parsley
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Grill chicken breasts over medium high heat until completely done. Set aside to cool
- Remove chicken and immediately grill eggplants on both sides until you obtain grill marks on both sides. Remove eggplant and cool
- Once cool slice chicken lengthwise and cube eggplant
- While chicken and eggplant are cooling boil a pot of salted water. Once water reaches boil cook a handful or so of whole wheat pasta (6-7 minutes for al dente)
- Heat a non stick skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and a clove of chopped garlic.
- Add tomato sauce to skillet and heat over medium-low flame
- Add chicken and eggplant to skillet
- Add pasta and mix well
- Take a couple slices of fresh mozzarella and top over pasta
- Sprinkle with Red Pepper flakes and Parmigiana cheese
- Top with parsley and serve!