Let's start with the prep..Most important step in the meal in order to time this pefectly.
- 2 chicken breasts or a package of stir fry chicken strips rinsed and set aside in a bowl. Marinate in 3-4 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce. I prefer Tamari.
While the chicken is marinating
- 1 large purple eggplant rough chop large pieces
- 2-3 handfuls of greenbeans trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Handful of your mushroom of choice (i prefer shitaki or white) sliced
- Handful of cashew nuts chopped
Once your veggies are prepped it's time to start cooking. If you have a Wok I suggest you use it but if not any large saute pan (preferably non stick) will do the job.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil over medium heat
- Pour chicken and marinade into hot pan
- Cook 5-6 minutes until tender
- Once the chicken is cooked toss in eggplant, then green beans.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until green beans begin to wilt
- Add mushrooms and chopped garlic and toss for 10 seconds
Now the sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon (or more depending on level of spice) Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup of tap water
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- tablespoon of honey
Combine all ingredients over high heat until reduced.
Finally add in chopped cashews and white sesame seeds and toss for 10-15 seconds.
Serve immediately and enjoy!