Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dinner @ The Oscars

Oscar's Night.  Oh how exciting for all the men out there.  It's the one night of the year that all Tivo's in the apartment record the same event.  Starting at 4pm we Tivo "Live at the Red Carpet".  Then around 7:30 we switch to ABC 7 (sorry Cablevision viewers) to the Barbara Walters Special live at the Oscars.  Finally at 9 we move on with the show.     I can't really say I've ever been much of an Oscar's fan, in fact my significant other would tell you I hate TV.  I've never seen Avatar, never heard of District 9, An Education,  A Serious Man, Up, or Up in the Air; I happen to see Inglorious Bastards last week and although found it quite good I don't believe it's in the Oscar category....and finally last night I got to see The Hurt Locker.  I'll admit this one deserves all the awards and it looks like Yahoo! agrees.

So in honor of the Oscar's this year I decided to cook light and healthy (@ Leigh's request).

My Oscar award winning Grilled Chicken over Mesclun Greens w/ Honey Vinaigrette.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb of Mesclun Greens
  • 5 large sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small thinly sliced red onion
  • 1/2 cucumber sliced green
  • handful of craisens
  • handful of toasted pignoli nuts
  • Shaved Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 chicken breast butterflied and grilled on a cast iron pan
    • season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, olive oil
Grill Chicken over medium high heat until done.  Set aside to rest and slice on an angle.  While cooking chicken combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Toss with Honey Vinaigrette dressing.  


Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
  • Tablespoon of Honey
  • 2 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
  • Salt & Fresh ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Combine Honey, Vinegar and whisk well together. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until well combined.
Add salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve chicken over salad and top with shaved parmesan.















And can't forget a special shout out to my Spartans for clinching a share of the Big Ten title.  On to the dance.  Go Green!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know about this dinner event. Have also planned a dinner party for all my friends at one of LA event venues. Will surely have delicious food there along with some games. Just want to have an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete