- 1 5-7lb brisket
- Spice Rub (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, paprika, red chili flakes)
- Olive oil
- 1 packet of Lipton's French Onion Dip mix
- 1 bottle of Heinz Ketchup
- 1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- 2 16 oz bottles of Nut Brown Ale
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bottle of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of secret ingredient (optional)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Rub marinade on both sides of brisket and set aside for an hour. Rub with Olive oil and sear both sides over high heat in large dutch oven pot. Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over brisket fat side up. Liquid should be just enough to cover brisket. Cook brisket in oven for minimum of 8 hours (until fork tender).
Do not cook for more than 15 hours!
Brisket should be tender to the fork (otherwise continue to cook).
Cool brisket and pull apart.
To complete sandwich pile a handful of brisket over a lightly toasted role (brioche). Top with cole slaw & pickles. Serve immediately.